Friday, October 14, 2011

Crazy for Cydelic: BTS PICS for LGFW 2011



I first met Choyin Choi at his Birthday and collection Launch earlier this year. The event was hosted at C-Lounge in Toronto where the crew from Reel2Runway and I got to go out and enjoy a great night of installation models, food, a beautiful patio and all of hos close friends and colleagues. He was quiet and very reserved especially when asked to do an interview for us. His bright bleach blond hair and piercing blue eyes made him very noticeably but sweet and approachable too.

Choyin was very much celebrating in great spirits that night and had a stellar "washed Ashore" mini collection on 5 beautiful models to top of the nights fun features. Choyin worked the room and laughed it up with his friends. He was charming to his guests, sweet to his models and genius to those who came to celebrate his wonderful fashions and his special day.


This young Fashion Design graduate has a vision for couture lines, feminine silhouettes with futuristic inspiration that speak volumes. During the party segment of the night, we posed together for a photo and closed the night as new friends. His gracious smile only sealed my admiration for this young designer.



Now some months later, I got a message in my Facebook inbox from stylist extraordinaire, Joelle Litt, who requested me straight off the plane from New York to come and shoot a fabulous project for the Cydelic by Choyin Collections for 2011 LGFW. I immediately accepted of course. Two days later this Thanksgiving Monday, I arrived at the Seven Continents head Office where I met Shaun Marq, CEO of B.A.D PR and creative director of the shoot, Jason Banks for images, make up by Vancouver Import Blaire Petty for Judy Inc and of course Joelle on the accessories provided by Remix Clothing Canada. It was a fabulous team. No creative juice was spared. I was so ecstatic to be chosen as Choyin's new Muse for this Collection. Although its a big surprise and I cant ruin in before Fashion week, but it was definitely worth missing the turkey for.


Runwayrenee being styled by Joelle Litt on set at Seven Continents

By the end of the shoot Shaun and I were singing Deborah Cox off the Ipod and Choyin was half asleep from all his day and night preparation for the Collections at this season LGFW where he has asked me to open and close his show. I wish I could give you a bigger preview but I can only leak one. Hopefully you know the right people or Choyin himself, because this is going to be a HOT TICKET!

Visit The LG Fashion Week Website to see Designer slot and Bio
http://www.lgfashionweek.ca/Designers.htm#Cydelic%20by%20Choryin


Cydelic By Choyin
Friday October 21, 2011

LG Fashion Week Beauty by L'Oreal Paris Official Venue:

THE TENTS
David Pecaut Square

No comments: